Harpenden and Wheathampstead raise cash for Herts Air Ambulance
WHEATHAMPSTEAD and Harpenden have been turning many shades of red this week as businesses, schools and social groups come together to mark National Air Ambulance Week.
A range of events have taken place to raise money for Herts Air Ambulance either by wearing red or throwing red-themed events as part of the Go Red campaign. Tuesday saw Wheathampstead-based jeweller Rachel Jeffery give a jewellery demonstration and host a coffee morning and yesterday The Swan, also in Wheathampstead, hosted a quiz evening.
Today (Thursday) saw youngsters at Tots Time at St Helen’s Church flushed with fundraising energy and tomorrow morning Wheathampstead Enterprise for Business group will meet at Hillside Restaurant and have a Go Red meeting. Four Limes will also host a coffee morning later on.
Fundraising moves to Harpenden on Saturday when the Old Cock Inn hosts a Beetle Drive in the evening and throw a red-themed disco afterwards.
Herts Air Ambulance receives no direct government or lottery funding and must rely on the generosity of the public to continue its good work.
To find out more about fundraising, call 0845 504 0055.
- 1 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 2 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 3 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 4 Too many dogs – when is enough, enough?
- 5 Conservative MP's response to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 7 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 8 Trees planted across Harpenden as part of environment projects
- 9 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 10 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network