Harpenden and St Albans blogging mums reach competition finals
- Credit: Archant
A DOUBLE whammy of good news has greeted a pair of parenting bloggers who have both been selected as finalists in a national competition.
Ruth Dawkins, from Harpenden who writes under DorkyMum, and Helen Wills, from St Albans, author of Actually Mummy, have made it to the last stage of the annual Mums and Dads Blogging Awards (MADS).
Ruth is one of the finalists in the outstanding contribution category for her blog which she uses to promote causes and campaigns that are close to her heart.
She said: “I’m delighted to be a finalist for the outstanding contribution award, especially as I know and love so many of the other people who are nominated in that category. It’s a real honour.
“In the two years I’ve been blogging, I’ve been overwhelmed by the number of people who have read and commented on my posts.”
Helen’s blog is about common parenting problems written through the eyes of her daughter, and she is hoping to scoop first prize in the schooldays category for the second year running.
She said: “Winning the award last year was such a proud moment. I started my blog two years ago and it has grown so quickly. It’s such an easy way to record the milestones in my children’s lives, and give them a sense of our young family to look back on when they are older.”
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
The award-winning bloggers also found out recently they have been shortlisted for the BritMums Brilliance in Blogging Awards. To vote for them visit www.britmums.com/2013/04/bibs-shortlists-are-here before May 12.