Harpenden airport employee to debut on ITV documentary
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden airport employee will appear on an ITV TV documentary.
Ian Hawkins, who is a senior airfield officer at Heathrow Airport, will be on the fourth season of a documentary series called Heathrow: Britain’s Busiest Airport.
He will be seen aircraft marshalling, which involves visually signalling to pilots.
Heathrow chief executive John Holland-Kaye said: “Returning for a fourth series, Heathrow: Britain’s Busiest Airport is a project that encapsulates our dedicated network of colleagues who work around the clock to deliver a world-class airport service.
“The documentary gives millions of people a glimpse into the operations of one of the world’s busiest airports and I can tell you from experience, there is never a dull day.”
You may also want to watch:
There are 76,500 people employed at Heathrow. Season four will start this month on ITV.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire