Harpenden airport employee to debut on ITV documentary
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden airport employee will appear on an ITV TV documentary.
Ian Hawkins, who is a senior airfield officer at Heathrow Airport, will be on the fourth season of a documentary series called Heathrow: Britain’s Busiest Airport.
He will be seen aircraft marshalling, which involves visually signalling to pilots.
Heathrow chief executive John Holland-Kaye said: “Returning for a fourth series, Heathrow: Britain’s Busiest Airport is a project that encapsulates our dedicated network of colleagues who work around the clock to deliver a world-class airport service.
“The documentary gives millions of people a glimpse into the operations of one of the world’s busiest airports and I can tell you from experience, there is never a dull day.”
You may also want to watch:
There are 76,500 people employed at Heathrow. Season four will start this month on ITV.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward