Harpenden airport employee to debut on ITV documentary
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden airport employee will appear on an ITV TV documentary.
Ian Hawkins, who is a senior airfield officer at Heathrow Airport, will be on the fourth season of a documentary series called Heathrow: Britain’s Busiest Airport.
He will be seen aircraft marshalling, which involves visually signalling to pilots.
Heathrow chief executive John Holland-Kaye said: “Returning for a fourth series, Heathrow: Britain’s Busiest Airport is a project that encapsulates our dedicated network of colleagues who work around the clock to deliver a world-class airport service.
“The documentary gives millions of people a glimpse into the operations of one of the world’s busiest airports and I can tell you from experience, there is never a dull day.”
You may also want to watch:
There are 76,500 people employed at Heathrow. Season four will start this month on ITV.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 9 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week