Harpenden actress’ out of this world role in Guardians of the Galaxy movie
- Credit: Archant
Home grown Harpenden film star Laura Haddock is seeing stars after landing a role in the summer’s big sci-fi blockbuster.
Laura plays Meredith Quill in the Marvel Comics box office hit Guardians of the Galaxy, playing the mother of protagonist Peter Quill, otherwise known as Star-Lord.
This is the most high-profile role in the 29-year-old actress’s career, following her previous cinema appearance in The Inbetweeners Movie, where she starred as Will’s crush Alison.
Laura grew up in Harpenden and went to St George’s School until the age of 17, at which point she went to study in London.
Laura told our sister publication Hertfordshire Life: “[At St George’s] we had an inter-house tournament called the Chapman Cup every year which would include a music and drama competition.
You may also want to watch:
“I would always take part in that and would take on far too many roles – actress, songwriter, director, etc., etc! I wanted to be a part of everything.”
A Londoner now, Laura recalled fond memories of living in Harpenden. She said: “As a family we really used to enjoy walking around Nomansland Common when I was young.”
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 10 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
Laura still journeys back to the county when she has a break in her busy schedule. She added: “I love going back to Hertfordshire, mainly to relax and see family.”
Fans can look forward to seeing Laura star in the upcoming romcom Super Bob, which is set for release within the year.
In the meantime, Laura’s husband Sam Claflin will be appearing in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 as Finnick Odair, which will be released this November.