Half marathon success for St Albans woman
A ST ALBANS woman ran the Royal Parks Half Marathon last Sunday (October 7), raising a commendable amount for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Jenny Eisen, Category Manager at M&S, completed the 13 mile challenge in two hours and 16 minutes and garnered �762 in donations.
The half marathon takes runners through four of London’s Royal Parks and past some of the capital’s iconic landmarks.
She was one the highest fundraisers in her team Percy’s Trotters, named after the famous Percy Pig sweets.
The team was made up of 52 M&S employees from across the country and collectively they raised an incredible �12,000 for the charity.
Jenny said: “Cancer affects everyone so it is great to be able to raise money for Macmillan and help the team to support people affected by cancer.
“I really enjoyed running as part of the M&S Percy’s Trotters team, it was such a fun day and what’s more, our efforts go toward a great cause!”
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 8 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
Gabriela Potworowska, Partnership Account Manager from Macmillan Cancer Support, said: “We’d like to say a huge thank you to Jenny and her fellow ‘Percy’s Trotters’ team members.
“All the money raised will help the Macmillan team support people affected by cancer, every step of the way.
“We couldn’t reach as many people as we do without the help and support of our corporate partners and their staff.”
To donate to Jenny’s team visit http://www.justgiving.com/teams/PercysTrotters