Half marathon success for St Albans woman
A ST ALBANS woman ran the Royal Parks Half Marathon last Sunday (October 7), raising a commendable amount for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Jenny Eisen, Category Manager at M&S, completed the 13 mile challenge in two hours and 16 minutes and garnered �762 in donations.
The half marathon takes runners through four of London’s Royal Parks and past some of the capital’s iconic landmarks.
She was one the highest fundraisers in her team Percy’s Trotters, named after the famous Percy Pig sweets.
The team was made up of 52 M&S employees from across the country and collectively they raised an incredible �12,000 for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Jenny said: “Cancer affects everyone so it is great to be able to raise money for Macmillan and help the team to support people affected by cancer.
“I really enjoyed running as part of the M&S Percy’s Trotters team, it was such a fun day and what’s more, our efforts go toward a great cause!”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 7 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 8 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 9 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Gabriela Potworowska, Partnership Account Manager from Macmillan Cancer Support, said: “We’d like to say a huge thank you to Jenny and her fellow ‘Percy’s Trotters’ team members.
“All the money raised will help the Macmillan team support people affected by cancer, every step of the way.
“We couldn’t reach as many people as we do without the help and support of our corporate partners and their staff.”
To donate to Jenny’s team visit http://www.justgiving.com/teams/PercysTrotters