Gym to raise hundreds for Grove House
- Credit: Archant
A FITNESS centre in St Albans is planning a series of play sessions to raise money for Grove House.
Westminster Lodge, in Holywell Hill, will also match the amount collected to double the funds for the hospice charity.
Children aged two to four can take part in the creative play and social learning sessions, which will feature a bouncy castle, hoop and ball games, and music to stimulate their co-ordination and creativity.
Gemma Spriggs, Everyone Active junior activities co-ordinator at Westminster Lodge, said: “We run Active Antz each Monday and Friday at this time and it proves very popular.
“We have been asked to put on a mid-week session and we decided to make this a little different by running a fundraising Wednesday session every few weeks to help support Grove House.
You may also want to watch:
“We can take a maximum of 25 children so if we have a full house that amounts to £100 per session going straight to the charity, thanks to the Everyone Active matched giving promise.”
The first fundraising session will be held on Wednesday May 15 from 1.30pm-2.30pm. To book either drop into reception or call 01727 736080.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 A New York state of mind