Gustard Wood man’s flash mob proposal
- Credit: Archant
Love was in the air when one man proposed to his wife-to-be with a flash mob of over 50 family and friends.
Tim Day serenaded his fiancée Jen Berridge in Gustard Wood, with the song ‘Marry You’ by Bruno Mars, along with 52 family and friends.
Tim proved that romance isn’t dead when he surprised his fiancée with a trip to the Cross Keys pub in Wheathampstead, where she was first greeted with a gazebo on the green, Champagne on ice and roses.
Much to Jen’s surprise, when the music began playing, out came family and friends from behind the gazebo dancing and singing.
The proposal was four weeks in the making, with three rehearsals and family friends flown over from Waterford in Ireland. Tim said: “We had to rehearse at Marford Playing Fields, with the music coming from the car boot.
“My best friend invited us both to a lunch at Brocket Hall. That was the excuse. We turned left when we should have turned right so I told her I was running an errand.
You may also want to watch:
“When we got there all our friends were in the pub. I told her ‘do everything I tell you to do, you won’t regret it’ and sat her down in the gazebo.”
Plenty of planning doesn’t prepare you for everything, as Tim found out just before the proposal was set to start. He said:
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
“At this point a lady came over and told me that I needed to move my car as I was blocking her in. I was so flustered I sat in the backseat.
“When I retuned I lifted up a saucepan and wooden spoon from under the table. Jen was like ‘why have you got that?!’
“As soon as the song started she knew. We sing that song all the time to each other.”
The couple will be exchanging vows on September 13 at St Peters Church in Gustard Wood. Tim added: “We live right next to St Peters Church. Because we love where we live and we never want to move, we asked Revd Richard Banham if we could have the wedding there and he was delighted to have us.”