Grove House Lottery is just the Wright stuff for Sandra
A COMPUTER breakdown could not have come at a better time for Sandra Wright who has won the top prize in a hospice lottery.
Sandra, of Mile House Close, St Albans, was delighted when she opened her post this week to receive a cheque from the Hospice Lottery Partnership for �1,000.
Sandra, who is married to Victor and has two sons and five grandchildren, only joined the lottery earlier this year.
She said: “I am so excited, I never expected to win. I signed up to the lottery in January when I met a gentleman selling lottery tickets in St Peter’s Street. He was promoting Grove House, a charity very dear to my heart.
“I later learned this was Peter Tarbox who promotes the lottery in this area for Grove House. I only spend one pound per week and I am amazed and thrilled to have won already.”
You may also want to watch:
Sandra was diagnosed with breast cancer four years ago and her neighbour told her about Grove House where she was a volunteer.
She went on: “I attended a breast cancer support group at the hospice which was an invaluable source of help. I am retired now, but like to keep very active; I am a member of the WI. Having worked all my life, I can’t just sit back and do nothing.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
“This surprise windfall is wonderful, such a lot of money! My computer has recently broken down and this will help me replace it.
“I’m also going to make a donation to Grove House – they have been so good to me and to so many of my friends.”
For your chance to win �1,000 every week and support Grove House, join the Hospice Lottery by visiting www.hospicelottery.org.uk or by telephone on 01442 891459.