Grove House Bluebell Walk on the way
IT will soon be bluebell time again and the St Albans Lions Club annual walk is a chance to raise money for Grove House as well as establish your level of fitness.
It is taking place on Sunday, May 8, with walking distances between three and 18 miles to cater for everyone and this year the Lions would particularly like to attract teams from local businesses.
Now in its ninth year, the Lions’ Bluebell Walk has become a perennial favourite with Grove House supporters.
Finishing at Nicholas Breakspear School in Colney Heath Lane, entrants can choose to walk three, seven, 13 or 18 miles from various starting points around the area.
Each route takes in the delightful footpaths and bridleways of the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside and will offer walkers the opportunity to glimpse the first bluebells of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Each walk will be lead by an experienced guide to ensure that everyone is looked after and that a comfortable pace is set for all.
Paul Parrish, fundraising director at Grove House, commented: “We are delighted that St Albans Lions Club is once again organising this walk to support Grove House. Over the years the event has raised over �50,000; this support is vital for the continued smooth running of our services.”
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Paul continued: “It is as a result of support like this that our Hospice at Home service is now fully operational, offering 24 hour, seven day a week cares to people in their own homes. Families are constantly telling us what a difference having one of our nurses there can make at what can often be a difficult time.
“The service is free to patients, but comes at considerable cost to Grove House; around �620 to care for one patient at home for a week – that would be a great figure for people to aim towards when collecting sponsorship money!”
Fundraiser Liz Hizli added: “This is a great opportunity to get your colleagues together and get fit.
“We hope that many local companies will enter a team and support them with sponsorship. It would be great to make this the most successful fundraiser to date.”
Entry is �10 per adult and �5 for children to include a hot meal at Nicholas Breakspear School at the finish. For your registration pack phone Lion Willie Martin on 01727 760904 or firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Grove House events team on 01727 731002.
A registration form can also be downloaded from the Grove House website www.grove-house.org.uk