Greenwood Park sports Pavilion in Chiswell Green set for refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A sports pavilion is to undergo major refurbishment after £75,000 was secured from Sport England.
Plans for the building at Greenwood Park in Chiswell Green include an extension to the pavilion, enlarging the club house and an improvement to the shower and toilet facilities of the tennis club.
The money from Sport England has been awarded through its Inspired Facilities grant and the remaining costs will be co-funded by St Stephen parish council and Greenwood Park Lawn Tennis Club (GPLTC).
Exact plans for the site are still being finalised but work is expected to begin this Spring.
David Thompson, vice chairman of GPLTC, said: “We are really pleased with the success of the bid to gain this necessary funding. We will now be able to proceed with the much-needed improvements to the pavilion facilities”
You may also want to watch:
Parish council chairman, Cllr Mick Freeman, added: “This project shows just what can be achieved when the council and its facility users work together to develop the amenities for the benefit of the community.”
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre