Greenwood Park sports Pavilion in Chiswell Green set for refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A sports pavilion is to undergo major refurbishment after £75,000 was secured from Sport England.
Plans for the building at Greenwood Park in Chiswell Green include an extension to the pavilion, enlarging the club house and an improvement to the shower and toilet facilities of the tennis club.
The money from Sport England has been awarded through its Inspired Facilities grant and the remaining costs will be co-funded by St Stephen parish council and Greenwood Park Lawn Tennis Club (GPLTC).
Exact plans for the site are still being finalised but work is expected to begin this Spring.
David Thompson, vice chairman of GPLTC, said: “We are really pleased with the success of the bid to gain this necessary funding. We will now be able to proceed with the much-needed improvements to the pavilion facilities”
You may also want to watch:
Parish council chairman, Cllr Mick Freeman, added: “This project shows just what can be achieved when the council and its facility users work together to develop the amenities for the benefit of the community.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans