Great British Menu reunited as chefs host tasting evening at St Albans restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Celebrity chef Paul Ainsworth is reuniting with his Great British Menu colleague Phil Thompson to co-host an exclusive evening in St Albans.
Paul, now regarded as one of the finest chefs in the country, became friends with Phil, owner and head chef of Thompson St Albans, when they met on the BBC2 TV series back in 2011.
Paul spent two years with Gary Rhodes at Rhodes in the Square, followed by three years working with Gordon Ramsay at Royal Hospital Road. In 2003, he moved to the original Pétrus to work for Chef Marcus Wareing, subsequently joining him when he moved to the new Berkeley Hotel. These days, Paul and his wife Emma run two successful restaurants, No6 and Rojanos in the Square, in Padstow, Cornwall, as well as the stunning Padstow Townhouse.
He made it to the final of the Great British Menu with his dessert, A Taste of the Fairground.
Paul and Phil will be sharing the cooking duties at the event in the restaurant on November 8, with both chefs cooking seasonal ingredients and introducing their dishes throughout the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Paul will cook the starter and main course, with Phil cooking the middle course and dessert.
Dishes will include crisp Porthilly oyster with cured pork, green apple and fennel, poached fillet of line caught Cornish turbot with cep duxelle, Jerusalem artichoke and roast chicken jus, and Tamar Valley lamb with salt baked celeriac, red garlic and hogget pudding.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets
Tickets include canapés on arrival and a four-course tasting menu.
Paul is really excited about the special night: “One of the many incredible things about doing Great British Menu is that you get to meet wicked geezers like the brilliantly talented Phil Thompson and his amazing fiancée Marianne.
“They are giving me the honour of coming to cook at what I understand is the best restaurant in St Albans. I can’t wait to bring a piece of Cornwall here for the night.”
Phil added. “It’s a real privilege to have Paul come and co-host an evening with me at Thompson St Albans. Us chefs do know how to party, and Paul Ainsworth has a particular love of this area! It is set to be a great night and I can’t wait!”
To book a place call call Thompson St Albans on 01727 730777.