Great British Bake Off 2017: Radlett being represented by Stacey Hart
- Credit: Archant
A former teacher from Radlett hopes to rise to the top at this year’s Great British Bake Off.
Stacey Hart, 42, is one of 12 amateur bakers competing this season, which is the first to be broadcast on Channel 4.
Her husband, James, a former director of ASOS, tweeted: “My determined, talented wife @Staceydeehart has made it onto The Great British Bake Off. Go Stacey! Go Bakers! #GBBO.”
The mother-of-three apparently started taking baking seriously at university, and likes to incorporate her Jewish heritage into her craft.
She says she makes a Jewish bread called a Challah every Friday.
You may also want to watch:
The GBBO website also says she is a “self-confessed perfectionist” who does not allow anything to leave the kitchen unless it’s perfect.
Whether she will make star baker, or be binned like a baked Alaska, we’ll have to watch to find out.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
GBBO is on Channel 4 at 8pm on Tuesday, August 29.