Great British Bake Off 2017: Radlett being represented by Stacey Hart
- Credit: Archant
A former teacher from Radlett hopes to rise to the top at this year’s Great British Bake Off.
Stacey Hart, 42, is one of 12 amateur bakers competing this season, which is the first to be broadcast on Channel 4.
Her husband, James, a former director of ASOS, tweeted: “My determined, talented wife @Staceydeehart has made it onto The Great British Bake Off. Go Stacey! Go Bakers! #GBBO.”
The mother-of-three apparently started taking baking seriously at university, and likes to incorporate her Jewish heritage into her craft.
She says she makes a Jewish bread called a Challah every Friday.
You may also want to watch:
The GBBO website also says she is a “self-confessed perfectionist” who does not allow anything to leave the kitchen unless it’s perfect.
Whether she will make star baker, or be binned like a baked Alaska, we’ll have to watch to find out.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
GBBO is on Channel 4 at 8pm on Tuesday, August 29.