GOSH fund in memory of tragic Tyler hits £11,000 after London Colney fun day
- Credit: Photo supplied
Several hundred people braved the occasional torrential downpour to show their support for a fundraiser in London Colney, held in the wake of a toddler’s death from sepsis.
The Golden Lion pub hosted the ‘Tyler Reader brighter future fund fun day’ on Sunday, March 27, to raise funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
The charity fund was set up in memory and celebration of toddler Tyler Reader, who died from sepsis at the age of two in November last year, just several days after complaining of a sore throat.
Through donations and the sale of raffle tickets, the event raised £2,010, taking the Tyler Reader fund to a current total of over £11,600 since it was set up in November.
The toddler’s father, Stephen Reader, 33, of Harpenden, said: “Everyone appeared to enjoy the day and we are completely overwhelmed by the support that people have shown towards us and Tyler.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t thank the people at the Golden Lion enough for what they have done for us.”
All funds raised by the Tyler Reader brighter future fund will be used to help finance both equipment and training needed by those at GOSH to help treat sepsis cases.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
You can still support the day by donating either via the Just Giving page at www.justgiving.com/GoldenLionFamilyDay or by using the Text Code ‘TRBF82 £5’ to 70070.
• A black tie evening, Tyler’s Playtime Ball - the first annual Tyler Reader charity ball - will be held at the Conservatory at Luton Hoo’s Walled Garden on Saturday November 12. If you would like to help sponsor the event, please contact Stephen by email: email@example.com