GOSH fund in memory of tragic Tyler hits £11,000 after London Colney fun day
- Credit: Photo supplied
Several hundred people braved the occasional torrential downpour to show their support for a fundraiser in London Colney, held in the wake of a toddler’s death from sepsis.
The Golden Lion pub hosted the ‘Tyler Reader brighter future fund fun day’ on Sunday, March 27, to raise funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
The charity fund was set up in memory and celebration of toddler Tyler Reader, who died from sepsis at the age of two in November last year, just several days after complaining of a sore throat.
Through donations and the sale of raffle tickets, the event raised £2,010, taking the Tyler Reader fund to a current total of over £11,600 since it was set up in November.
The toddler’s father, Stephen Reader, 33, of Harpenden, said: “Everyone appeared to enjoy the day and we are completely overwhelmed by the support that people have shown towards us and Tyler.
“I can’t thank the people at the Golden Lion enough for what they have done for us.”
All funds raised by the Tyler Reader brighter future fund will be used to help finance both equipment and training needed by those at GOSH to help treat sepsis cases.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
You can still support the day by donating either via the Just Giving page at www.justgiving.com/GoldenLionFamilyDay or by using the Text Code ‘TRBF82 £5’ to 70070.
• A black tie evening, Tyler’s Playtime Ball - the first annual Tyler Reader charity ball - will be held at the Conservatory at Luton Hoo’s Walled Garden on Saturday November 12. If you would like to help sponsor the event, please contact Stephen by email: firstname.lastname@example.org