Golf days for grove House Hospice
TWO local golf clubs with strong connections to Samuel Ryder will be raising money for Grove House this year.
Batchwood Hall Golf Club in St Albans is supporting Grove House at its 75th Anniversary Golf Day on Saturday, May 14. There is particular significance to the link because Samuel Ryder commissioned five times Open winner J H Taylor to design the course in the grounds of Batchwood Hall Estate when it had just been acquired by St Albans council in the 1930s.
There are a few places left on the golf day with late starts so anyone wanting to take part should contact Peter Smith on 07854 026359.
The Rotary Club of St Albans Verulamium will be holding its annual Golf Day on Thursday, May 26, and this year it is also in aid of Grove House.
Now in its ninth year and organised by Norman Jelley, it will be at the usual venue of Verulam Golf Club which is, of course, the home of the Ryder Cup.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to book a team, contact Norman on 01582 833433.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans