Golf days for grove House Hospice
TWO local golf clubs with strong connections to Samuel Ryder will be raising money for Grove House this year.
Batchwood Hall Golf Club in St Albans is supporting Grove House at its 75th Anniversary Golf Day on Saturday, May 14. There is particular significance to the link because Samuel Ryder commissioned five times Open winner J H Taylor to design the course in the grounds of Batchwood Hall Estate when it had just been acquired by St Albans council in the 1930s.
There are a few places left on the golf day with late starts so anyone wanting to take part should contact Peter Smith on 07854 026359.
The Rotary Club of St Albans Verulamium will be holding its annual Golf Day on Thursday, May 26, and this year it is also in aid of Grove House.
Now in its ninth year and organised by Norman Jelley, it will be at the usual venue of Verulam Golf Club which is, of course, the home of the Ryder Cup.
For more information and to book a team, contact Norman on 01582 833433.
- 1 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
- 4 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 5 Community design group 'ignored' over Alban Arena redevelopment
- 6 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 7 Luton Airport expansion approved despite passionate opposition
- 8 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 9 St Albans council urges Hertsmere to rethink plans for Bowmans Cross
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers