Going walkies for Grove House funds in St Albans
DOG walkers looking for a new route for their daily stroll could raise money for Grove House at the same time next month. In partnership with the Rotary Club of St Albans Priory, Grove House is hosting Walkies in the Woods from 10am on Sunday, October 4.
DOG walkers looking for a new route for their daily stroll could raise money for Grove House at the same time next month.
In partnership with the Rotary Club of St Albans Priory, Grove House is hosting Walkies in the Woods from 10am on Sunday, October 4.
It starts at the car park in Ferrers Lane, off the B651 in Wheathampstead, and the circular walk, with a choice of a one mile or three mile circuit, will be around part of the new Heartwood Forest between Sandridge and Wheathampstead.
Community fundraiser at the hospice, Liz Hizli, said: "This is a brand-new event in the Grove House calendar and we hope it will attract lots of local families and their dogs - although people don't have to have a dog to come along and join the fun.
You may also want to watch:
"There will be lots of activities for children - and dogs - around the start and finish area."
Entry is a minimum of �6 per group and tea, coffee and snacks will be available. Parking is at the site or at the Wicked Lady on the common and proceeds are to be split between the day hospice, Dogs for the Disabled and Youth Talk.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Further information can be obtained from www.rotaryclubofstalbanspriory.com