Going walkies for Grove House funds in St Albans
DOG walkers looking for a new route for their daily stroll could raise money for Grove House at the same time next month. In partnership with the Rotary Club of St Albans Priory, Grove House is hosting Walkies in the Woods from 10am on Sunday, October 4.
DOG walkers looking for a new route for their daily stroll could raise money for Grove House at the same time next month.
In partnership with the Rotary Club of St Albans Priory, Grove House is hosting Walkies in the Woods from 10am on Sunday, October 4.
It starts at the car park in Ferrers Lane, off the B651 in Wheathampstead, and the circular walk, with a choice of a one mile or three mile circuit, will be around part of the new Heartwood Forest between Sandridge and Wheathampstead.
Community fundraiser at the hospice, Liz Hizli, said: "This is a brand-new event in the Grove House calendar and we hope it will attract lots of local families and their dogs - although people don't have to have a dog to come along and join the fun.
"There will be lots of activities for children - and dogs - around the start and finish area."
Entry is a minimum of �6 per group and tea, coffee and snacks will be available. Parking is at the site or at the Wicked Lady on the common and proceeds are to be split between the day hospice, Dogs for the Disabled and Youth Talk.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 4 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 5 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 6 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 9 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Further information can be obtained from www.rotaryclubofstalbanspriory.com