Going walkies for Grove House funds in St Albans
DOG walkers looking for a new route for their daily stroll could raise money for Grove House at the same time next month. In partnership with the Rotary Club of St Albans Priory, Grove House is hosting Walkies in the Woods from 10am on Sunday, October 4.
DOG walkers looking for a new route for their daily stroll could raise money for Grove House at the same time next month.
In partnership with the Rotary Club of St Albans Priory, Grove House is hosting Walkies in the Woods from 10am on Sunday, October 4.
It starts at the car park in Ferrers Lane, off the B651 in Wheathampstead, and the circular walk, with a choice of a one mile or three mile circuit, will be around part of the new Heartwood Forest between Sandridge and Wheathampstead.
Community fundraiser at the hospice, Liz Hizli, said: "This is a brand-new event in the Grove House calendar and we hope it will attract lots of local families and their dogs - although people don't have to have a dog to come along and join the fun.
"There will be lots of activities for children - and dogs - around the start and finish area."
Entry is a minimum of �6 per group and tea, coffee and snacks will be available. Parking is at the site or at the Wicked Lady on the common and proceeds are to be split between the day hospice, Dogs for the Disabled and Youth Talk.
- 1 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 6 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Try-happy Cents brings grand final success and leaves coach thrilled
Further information can be obtained from www.rotaryclubofstalbanspriory.com