Going walkies for Grove House funds in St Albans
DOG walkers looking for a new route for their daily stroll could raise money for Grove House at the same time next month. In partnership with the Rotary Club of St Albans Priory, Grove House is hosting Walkies in the Woods from 10am on Sunday, October 4.
DOG walkers looking for a new route for their daily stroll could raise money for Grove House at the same time next month.
In partnership with the Rotary Club of St Albans Priory, Grove House is hosting Walkies in the Woods from 10am on Sunday, October 4.
It starts at the car park in Ferrers Lane, off the B651 in Wheathampstead, and the circular walk, with a choice of a one mile or three mile circuit, will be around part of the new Heartwood Forest between Sandridge and Wheathampstead.
Community fundraiser at the hospice, Liz Hizli, said: "This is a brand-new event in the Grove House calendar and we hope it will attract lots of local families and their dogs - although people don't have to have a dog to come along and join the fun.
You may also want to watch:
"There will be lots of activities for children - and dogs - around the start and finish area."
Entry is a minimum of �6 per group and tea, coffee and snacks will be available. Parking is at the site or at the Wicked Lady on the common and proceeds are to be split between the day hospice, Dogs for the Disabled and Youth Talk.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Further information can be obtained from www.rotaryclubofstalbanspriory.com