Glass ornaments stolen from St Albans grave
- Credit: supplied
A grieving mum has been left upset after discovering that glass butterfly ornaments decorating her daughter’s grave in St Albans have been stolen.
Thieves stole six of the ornaments, similar to the one pictured here, from a grave at the Hatfield Road Cemetery between 2.45pm on Sunday, August 21 and 9.30pm on Thursday, August 25.
Pc Paresha Maniar, investigating, said: “The victim discovered the butterflies had been taken when she visited her daughter’s grave and this has understandably left her extremely upset.
“I am appealing for anyone who may have seen the ornaments being stolen or anyone who may know who is responsible to get in touch.”
Contact Pc Maniar via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 or the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org
You may also want to watch:
No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans