Give your support to Home-Start St Albans’ Christmas Snowflake Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Following the news of funding cuts earlier in the year, a children’s charity is hosting a launch for their annual winter appeal to drum up much needed support.
Home-Start St Albans had its funds withdrawn by Herts County Council in June and will greatly depend on the money raised from this year’s Snowflake Appeal which encourages the community to hold fundraising events.
The charity provides support to struggling families with young children through the assistance of trained volunteers.
Suzy Moody, Home-Start’s St Albans scheme manager, said: “In the last six months since the news of the Herts County Council’s decision to withdraw their funding from Home-Start, we have been overwhelmed by the support we have received from individuals, local organisations and businesses; the most recent example being our crowdfunding campaign which raised over £5,000 in four weeks.”
The charity is appealing to members of the public, retailers, school representatives and businesses to maintain the support by coming to their launch event at The Brickyard on Verulam Road between 6-10pm on Thursday, November 26.
You may also want to watch:
The evening will be put on by owner of the bar James Hanning, and offers supporters a light buffet, welcome drink, and the chance to enter a luxury raffle with prizes ranging from an iPad mini 4 to a champagne tea for two at St Michaels Manor.
Tickets cost £10.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
Suzy added: “We are already aware of a few fundraising events that have been organised by local business and community groups to support our Snowflake Appeal, which is a fantastic start!
“The snowflake appeal is a great opportunity for people to have some fun whilst supporting local families who are struggling.”
If you would like to hold a Snowflake event free fundraising ideas, activity packs, posters and invitations can be downloaded at www.snowflake.org.uk