Girl, 15, attacked on Harpenden footpath
A 15-year-old girl was grabbed by a mystery assailant while using a Harpenden short-cut.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information following the assault which occurred on Wednesday, December 16.
The girl was walking along the path between Aldwickbury Crescent and Alzey Gardens between 8.30-8pm when she was approached by the offender from behind. He grabbed her around the face causing her to fall to the ground.
The victim screamed and the man ran off in the direction of Dalkeith Road and Crabtree Lane area.
The suspect is described as being around 5ft 9ins tall and of medium build. He was wearing a black hooded top with the hood up and gloves.
Investigating officer Det Con Claire Mann said: “Thankfully the victim was not injured but has understandably been left shocked by what happened.
“We believe this to be an isolated incident and I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw what happened or who saw a man acting suspiciously to please contact me.”
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Anyone who has any information to assist the investigation is asked to contact the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.