Girl, 15, attacked on Harpenden footpath
A 15-year-old girl was grabbed by a mystery assailant while using a Harpenden short-cut.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information following the assault which occurred on Wednesday, December 16.
The girl was walking along the path between Aldwickbury Crescent and Alzey Gardens between 8.30-8pm when she was approached by the offender from behind. He grabbed her around the face causing her to fall to the ground.
The victim screamed and the man ran off in the direction of Dalkeith Road and Crabtree Lane area.
The suspect is described as being around 5ft 9ins tall and of medium build. He was wearing a black hooded top with the hood up and gloves.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Con Claire Mann said: “Thankfully the victim was not injured but has understandably been left shocked by what happened.
“We believe this to be an isolated incident and I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw what happened or who saw a man acting suspiciously to please contact me.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Anyone who has any information to assist the investigation is asked to contact the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.