Gibraltar Steam Up visits Harpenden for charity
- Credit: Archant
Hop onboard an antique steam engine at the Gibraltar Steam Up next weekend for some old-fashioned fun in aid of Motor Neurone Disease.
On Saturday May 13 Gibraltar Castle pub, in Harpenden, will be supporting a day of fundraising alongside the Hertfordshire Steam Engine Preservation Society.
The day will be raising money for MNDA, commemorating the passing of a family friend and fellow steam engine preservationist.
Event organiser, Megan Irvine, said: “There will be a model railway which will be giving rides for free, with 100 percent of [the day’s] proceeds going to the Motor Neurone Disease Association.”
“Also 100 per cent of the proceeds from the raffle and cake sale will be donated to MNDA, plus any other donations from the bar and very generous people.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be activities for the whole family to enjoy including the pub barbecue, a cake sale, raffle, pottery painting and an exhibition of full size and miniature steam engines.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth