Gibraltar Steam Up visits Harpenden for charity
- Credit: Archant
Hop onboard an antique steam engine at the Gibraltar Steam Up next weekend for some old-fashioned fun in aid of Motor Neurone Disease.
On Saturday May 13 Gibraltar Castle pub, in Harpenden, will be supporting a day of fundraising alongside the Hertfordshire Steam Engine Preservation Society.
The day will be raising money for MNDA, commemorating the passing of a family friend and fellow steam engine preservationist.
Event organiser, Megan Irvine, said: “There will be a model railway which will be giving rides for free, with 100 percent of [the day’s] proceeds going to the Motor Neurone Disease Association.”
“Also 100 per cent of the proceeds from the raffle and cake sale will be donated to MNDA, plus any other donations from the bar and very generous people.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be activities for the whole family to enjoy including the pub barbecue, a cake sale, raffle, pottery painting and an exhibition of full size and miniature steam engines.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire