Chiswell Green park businesses will be in the pink for Breast Cancer Now
- Credit: Archant
Will you wear it pink and do your bit to raise money and awareness for women going through treatment for breast cancer?
A café and fitness bootcamp group in Greenwood Park, Chiswell Green, are taking part in the Wear it Pink Day for Breast Cancer Now this Sunday, October 25.
The Lazy Llama café will be selling raffle tickets to win a bouquet donated by The Bloom Shack, plus some free coffees and a reflexology session, with all proceeds going to the charity.
Plus any customer who wears something pink will only pay £2 for a coffee.
Meanwhile, participants in Yes Jess Fitness boot camp will be wearing pink for a massive workout, and donating all of their usual class fees to the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Claire Lewis, who runs the café with her sister Julia, said: “All our cakes are homemade and Julia is baking some special pink cakes and bakes for Sunday. We’re donating 20% of all pink cake sales to the charity, plus all raffle donations and other donations in the charity tin.
We’re also encouraging customers to dress up in pink and the regular boot campers which meet on a Sunday morning have said they’ll be joining in.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
“I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2017 and underwent surgery, chemo and radiotherapy so I wanted to raise money and awareness for a charity I have a personal connection to.”
Why not come along and show your support on the day?