Chiswell Green park businesses will be in the pink for Breast Cancer Now
- Credit: Archant
Will you wear it pink and do your bit to raise money and awareness for women going through treatment for breast cancer?
A café and fitness bootcamp group in Greenwood Park, Chiswell Green, are taking part in the Wear it Pink Day for Breast Cancer Now this Sunday, October 25.
The Lazy Llama café will be selling raffle tickets to win a bouquet donated by The Bloom Shack, plus some free coffees and a reflexology session, with all proceeds going to the charity.
Plus any customer who wears something pink will only pay £2 for a coffee.
Meanwhile, participants in Yes Jess Fitness boot camp will be wearing pink for a massive workout, and donating all of their usual class fees to the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Claire Lewis, who runs the café with her sister Julia, said: “All our cakes are homemade and Julia is baking some special pink cakes and bakes for Sunday. We’re donating 20% of all pink cake sales to the charity, plus all raffle donations and other donations in the charity tin.
We’re also encouraging customers to dress up in pink and the regular boot campers which meet on a Sunday morning have said they’ll be joining in.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
“I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2017 and underwent surgery, chemo and radiotherapy so I wanted to raise money and awareness for a charity I have a personal connection to.”
Why not come along and show your support on the day?