Chiswell Green park businesses will be in the pink for Breast Cancer Now
- Credit: Archant
Will you wear it pink and do your bit to raise money and awareness for women going through treatment for breast cancer?
A café and fitness bootcamp group in Greenwood Park, Chiswell Green, are taking part in the Wear it Pink Day for Breast Cancer Now this Sunday, October 25.
The Lazy Llama café will be selling raffle tickets to win a bouquet donated by The Bloom Shack, plus some free coffees and a reflexology session, with all proceeds going to the charity.
Plus any customer who wears something pink will only pay £2 for a coffee.
Meanwhile, participants in Yes Jess Fitness boot camp will be wearing pink for a massive workout, and donating all of their usual class fees to the charity.
Claire Lewis, who runs the café with her sister Julia, said: “All our cakes are homemade and Julia is baking some special pink cakes and bakes for Sunday. We’re donating 20% of all pink cake sales to the charity, plus all raffle donations and other donations in the charity tin.
We’re also encouraging customers to dress up in pink and the regular boot campers which meet on a Sunday morning have said they’ll be joining in.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
“I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2017 and underwent surgery, chemo and radiotherapy so I wanted to raise money and awareness for a charity I have a personal connection to.”
Why not come along and show your support on the day?