George Michael discharged from hospital after accident near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
MUSICIAN George Michael has been released from hospital after being involved in a road accident near St Albans 13 days ago.
The 49-year-old was flown to a specialist trauma centre in London following the incident on Thursday, May 16.
He suffered a head injury when he allegedly fell out of his car onto the M1 motorway at around 5.50pm.
The statement posted on his official website read: “We can confirm that George Michael has been discharged from hospital and continues to rest and recuperate.
“He is well and thanks everyone for all the messages of support.”
You may also want to watch:
Herts Police said it could be “some time” before they complete their investigation into the incident.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe