George Michael discharged from hospital after accident near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
MUSICIAN George Michael has been released from hospital after being involved in a road accident near St Albans 13 days ago.
The 49-year-old was flown to a specialist trauma centre in London following the incident on Thursday, May 16.
He suffered a head injury when he allegedly fell out of his car onto the M1 motorway at around 5.50pm.
The statement posted on his official website read: “We can confirm that George Michael has been discharged from hospital and continues to rest and recuperate.
“He is well and thanks everyone for all the messages of support.”
You may also want to watch:
Herts Police said it could be “some time” before they complete their investigation into the incident.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre