General Election 2017: St Albans gives its views on how Brexit will affect #GE2017
- Credit: Archant
We’ve been out and about asking the people in St Albans if Brexit will affect how they vote in the General Election.
The results were not as clear cut as you think... watch the video to find out what people said!
Last week, Prime Minister Theresa May announced a snap election in June.
The St Albans constituency, currently represented by Conservative Anne Main, is likely to be contested by the Conservatives, Labour, Liberal Democrats, and Greens.
Daisy Cooper was adopted as the the Liberal Democrat candidate last Autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Anne Main will find out if she has been re-adopted as the Conservative candidate this week.
It is expected Labour and the Green Party will announce their candidates this week.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The election will be held on Thursday, June 8.
You must register to vote before Monday, May 22. You can do so online by visiting www.gov.uk/register-to-vote