General Election 2017: St Albans for Europe backing Daisy Cooper
- Credit: Archant
Campaign group St Albans for Europe have told the Herts Advertiser they will be backing Lib Dem Daisy Cooper in the General Election.
The organisation, which was set up following last year’s referendum, announced they will be supporting the Liberal Democrats on June 8.
Chair Fiona McAndrew said: “We have been impressed by her pro-European stance, she seems really organised and committed.”
The group will be leafletting and hope to hold events for Ms Cooper, and say they have already had a positive reaction from their members.
In March, members of the group went to London to join a 100,000-strong crowd protesting the triggering of Article 50.
You may also want to watch:
Ms McAndrew said: “We have already had people donating to her campaign fund.
“It’s early days but we will be looking at tactical voting to get behind the most pro-European candidates.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
“We have had a lot of interest, with people getting in touch to ask how they can help.”