General Election 2017: St Albans for Europe backing Daisy Cooper
- Credit: Archant
Campaign group St Albans for Europe have told the Herts Advertiser they will be backing Lib Dem Daisy Cooper in the General Election.
The organisation, which was set up following last year’s referendum, announced they will be supporting the Liberal Democrats on June 8.
Chair Fiona McAndrew said: “We have been impressed by her pro-European stance, she seems really organised and committed.”
The group will be leafletting and hope to hold events for Ms Cooper, and say they have already had a positive reaction from their members.
In March, members of the group went to London to join a 100,000-strong crowd protesting the triggering of Article 50.
You may also want to watch:
Ms McAndrew said: “We have already had people donating to her campaign fund.
“It’s early days but we will be looking at tactical voting to get behind the most pro-European candidates.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
“We have had a lot of interest, with people getting in touch to ask how they can help.”