General Election 2017: Bookies give Conservative Anne Main an 80 per cent chance of winning St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Bookmakers have shortened the odds on the Conservative Party winning in St Albans, and Anne Main being re-elected.
Paddy Power has given Mrs Main a 1/4 chance of winning - an 80 per cent chance - while they offered odds of 1/3 (a 75 per cent chance) a couple of weeks ago
The high-street betting chain has given the Liberal Democrats and Daisy Cooper odds of 9/4, as opposed to 7/4 a couple of weeks ago.
Labour is still on third, with the same odds of 40/1.
UKIP, who are not running in the seat, is on 100/1, and the Green Party is on 500/1.
You may also want to watch:
Paddy Power say the odds are calculated by taking into account various factors, such as incumbency, historical trends, recent pledges, and any relevant momentum or switches of support.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'