General Election 2017: Bookies give Conservative Anne Main an 80 per cent chance of winning St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Bookmakers have shortened the odds on the Conservative Party winning in St Albans, and Anne Main being re-elected.
Paddy Power has given Mrs Main a 1/4 chance of winning - an 80 per cent chance - while they offered odds of 1/3 (a 75 per cent chance) a couple of weeks ago
The high-street betting chain has given the Liberal Democrats and Daisy Cooper odds of 9/4, as opposed to 7/4 a couple of weeks ago.
Labour is still on third, with the same odds of 40/1.
UKIP, who are not running in the seat, is on 100/1, and the Green Party is on 500/1.
You may also want to watch:
Paddy Power say the odds are calculated by taking into account various factors, such as incumbency, historical trends, recent pledges, and any relevant momentum or switches of support.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests