Gearing up for 2012 Herts County Show
THERE will be a double red, white and blue celebration in recognition of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the forthcoming London 2012 Olympic Games at this year’s Herts County Show on June 2-3.
Every year the County Show gets bigger and better, and with more than 50 hours of free entertainment each day, there are no “hidden extra” charges for the wide range of high-quality displays and demonstrations, including the All Human Circus, simulator rides, face painting, Punch and Judy and lots, lots more.
This year’s popular Grand Ring attractions are Europe’s number one stunt and trick riding team, the Devil’s Horsemen on Saturday, together with the spectacular Chariots of Fire display on Sunday.
New for this year, and competing on both days, is the fast moving and actioned-packed Mounted Games equestrian display, with four teams striving for the prestigious gold medal.
As always, the Food Hall, Horticultural Marquee, Hertfordshire Food and Farming Marquee, Autorama sites, together with the Shopping and Craft Marquees will offer plenty of opportunities for window shoppers looking for some unusual items, and lots of top quality bargains.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like a special eating experience, you can also visit the new ‘Eat and Drink Hertfordshire’ Food Court in the Countryside Arena offering the best Hertfordshire home-grown produce cooked fresh at the show.
Gates open at 8.30am on both days, and visitors are advised to arrive early to avoid traffic delays at peak times, with 35,000 expected to attend over the two days.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Advance day tickets are valid for either the Saturday or Sunday and are available from the ticket hotline on 0844 850 2122.