Gas leak in St Albans
A GAS leak on Hill End Lane has closed the road to traffic and is causing disruption to other routes in the area.
Police arrived on the scene at 11.40am and are helping the gas company control the traffic.
A resident out walking his dog said the smell was overwhelming.
He said: “There’s a construction site nearby and many of us think they probably hit a pipe during their work.”
Hill End Lane is closed to cars but residents are not being evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the police said that Alban Way was also closed while the incident was ongoing.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests