Gas leak in St Albans
A GAS leak on Hill End Lane has closed the road to traffic and is causing disruption to other routes in the area.
Police arrived on the scene at 11.40am and are helping the gas company control the traffic.
A resident out walking his dog said the smell was overwhelming.
He said: “There’s a construction site nearby and many of us think they probably hit a pipe during their work.”
Hill End Lane is closed to cars but residents are not being evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the police said that Alban Way was also closed while the incident was ongoing.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 City centre pub opens new roof garden