Gareth Gates headlining charity festival in Radlett
- Credit: Archant
A major charity event is taking place at a rural shopping village early next month to mark the 55th anniversary of the family who own it.
Music on the Farm is being held at Battlers Green Farm in Radlett on Saturday, September 5, and will be headlined by singer Gareth Gates who sprang to fame when he was runner-up in the first series of ITV’s Pop Idol in 2002.
He went on to appear in West End shows and starred in the pantomime at the Alban Arena in 2013.
He will be joined by a line-up of other bands for the event which runs from 6pm to midnight and is to raise money for MacMillan Cancer Care and Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.
The first such event was held in 2010 to mark the 50th anniversary of the Haworth family arriving at Battlers Green Farm which incorporates a number of shops and tea rooms. That attracted almost 1,500 people and the family is hoping to exceed that number next month to mark 55 years of ownership.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the musical acts, there will be dodgems, bucking bronco, face painting and hair braiding together with food outlets and a licensed bar. There will also be a number of competition opportunities.
Tickets are £20 for adults and and £10 for children with under-fives free, available from www.ticketline.co.uk or 0844 888 9991.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden