Gardens to be open to public in Redbourn
- Credit: Getty Images/moodboard RF
Gardens in Redbourn will be made open to the public this month to raise money for planting schemes around the village.
The Redbourn Open Gardens event, which is held every other year, will be held on Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 17, with 27 gardens open to members of the public.
Some gardens will serve refreshments and hold charity stalls, and Redbourn Museum will host an affordable art sale.
The event is organised by Redbourn in Bloom, and all the proceeds will go towards planting schemes. St Mary’s Church grounds and Cumberland Gardens will also be open.
Programmes can be bought in advance from the Hertfordshire Garden Centre in Redding Lane, as well as from Redbourn Library and various village shops.
You may also want to watch:
They cost £4.50 in advance, or £5 if purchased on the weekend from the museum or any participating garden, with accompanied children going in for free.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 6 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church