Garage site could be transformed into 49 flats in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A block of 49 flats may be built in Harpenden following a planning consultation.
Negotiations are under way for Pan Auto Services garage on Grove Road to be turned into 49 residential flats, with a public consultation held at Southdown Methodist Church on Monday.
The site is being developed by Jarvis Homes alongside DLA Town Planning Ltd and will include both one and two-bedroom flats.
Jarvis Homes land director Michael Margereson said: “The consultation seems to be very positive in terms of responses.
“A number of queries were raised relating to car parking traffic and what’s going to happen to Pan Autos and what’s going to happen to Jewson next door.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t have any control over Jewson but we are looking to relocate Pan Autos within Harpenden.”
During the consultation, members of the project team presented the exhibition material, answered questions and sought public comments on the proposed developments. Jarvis Homes also identified several potential options for the future location of the garage.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
“The current site is owned and operated by Pan Autos,” Michael said. “We are looking for alternative accommodation. In terms of timing we are looking to submit a planning application by spring this year.”
If the application is successful then development is not likely to take place for at least 18 months.