Gangsters and molls Harpenden charity film casting and book launch
- Credit: Archant
Live cabaret, a buffet, and a licensed bar will help raise money for charity at a gangsters and molls themed Harpenden event.
It is a film casting party for a new film, The Devil’s Dandruff, and a book launch for Jason Cook’s new novel, A Nice Little Earner.
Proceeds from the event at Harpenden Public Halls will go towards Great Ormond Street Hospital and Children’s Charity.
Jason said it was a fantastic cause: “I am taking part because my own son has had help given by this great charity and I would now like to give something back.”
He encouraged people to dress up on the gangster or moll theme to try and win the best costume prize.
You may also want to watch:
Senior fund raising manager at the Great Ormond Street, Laura Savory, said it will make a huge difference: “We’re so grateful to author Jason Cook and his team and to those that come on the night for their generosity and support.”
Everyone is invited on June 17 from 7.30pm to 11pm. Tickets are £25 and include a signed copy of Jason’s book, access to a finger buffet, and a free drink.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash