Gangsters and molls Harpenden charity film casting and book launch
- Credit: Archant
Live cabaret, a buffet, and a licensed bar will help raise money for charity at a gangsters and molls themed Harpenden event.
It is a film casting party for a new film, The Devil’s Dandruff, and a book launch for Jason Cook’s new novel, A Nice Little Earner.
Proceeds from the event at Harpenden Public Halls will go towards Great Ormond Street Hospital and Children’s Charity.
Jason said it was a fantastic cause: “I am taking part because my own son has had help given by this great charity and I would now like to give something back.”
He encouraged people to dress up on the gangster or moll theme to try and win the best costume prize.
You may also want to watch:
Senior fund raising manager at the Great Ormond Street, Laura Savory, said it will make a huge difference: “We’re so grateful to author Jason Cook and his team and to those that come on the night for their generosity and support.”
Everyone is invited on June 17 from 7.30pm to 11pm. Tickets are £25 and include a signed copy of Jason’s book, access to a finger buffet, and a free drink.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests