Gang racially assault St Albans taxi driver
A TAXI driver was assaulted by a gang of racist thugs who he picked up from a nightclub.
The men had been at Batchwood Hall in St Albans on Saturday, March 13, and got into a taxi outside at around midnight.
They asked to go to Edgware but during the journey they became abusive towards the driver and started to racially abuse him.
He decided to stop the taxi in Watling Street, Park Street village, and take them back to St Albans on account of their behaviour, but as he did so the men got out and two of them opened his door before assaulting and injuring him.
They then made off towards Park Street railway station.
Police have now released CCTV footage of the men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
Dc Robert Sheldon, investigating, said: “We are really keen to speak to the men in the footage or for anyone who recognises them to get in touch. We would also ask if anyone knows anything about the incident to get in touch.”
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 9 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
Anyone with information should call Dc Sheldon via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 or call Crimestoppers (an independent charity) anonymously on 0800 555111.