Gang racially assault St Albans taxi driver
A TAXI driver was assaulted by a gang of racist thugs who he picked up from a nightclub.
The men had been at Batchwood Hall in St Albans on Saturday, March 13, and got into a taxi outside at around midnight.
They asked to go to Edgware but during the journey they became abusive towards the driver and started to racially abuse him.
He decided to stop the taxi in Watling Street, Park Street village, and take them back to St Albans on account of their behaviour, but as he did so the men got out and two of them opened his door before assaulting and injuring him.
They then made off towards Park Street railway station.
You may also want to watch:
Police have now released CCTV footage of the men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
Dc Robert Sheldon, investigating, said: “We are really keen to speak to the men in the footage or for anyone who recognises them to get in touch. We would also ask if anyone knows anything about the incident to get in touch.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Anyone with information should call Dc Sheldon via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 or call Crimestoppers (an independent charity) anonymously on 0800 555111.