Gang racially assault St Albans taxi driver
A TAXI driver was assaulted by a gang of racist thugs who he picked up from a nightclub.
The men had been at Batchwood Hall in St Albans on Saturday, March 13, and got into a taxi outside at around midnight.
They asked to go to Edgware but during the journey they became abusive towards the driver and started to racially abuse him.
He decided to stop the taxi in Watling Street, Park Street village, and take them back to St Albans on account of their behaviour, but as he did so the men got out and two of them opened his door before assaulting and injuring him.
They then made off towards Park Street railway station.
You may also want to watch:
Police have now released CCTV footage of the men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
Dc Robert Sheldon, investigating, said: “We are really keen to speak to the men in the footage or for anyone who recognises them to get in touch. We would also ask if anyone knows anything about the incident to get in touch.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Anyone with information should call Dc Sheldon via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 or call Crimestoppers (an independent charity) anonymously on 0800 555111.