Gallery: Thousands flock to St Albans Steam and Country Show
SOAKING up the sun at the St Albans Steam and Country Show was enjoyed by thousands of visitors last weekend. The 43rd annual rally of the Hertfordshire Steam Engine Preservation Society (HSEPS) attracted over 300 steam engines, farm tractors, classic ca
SOAKING up the sun at the St Albans Steam and Country Show was enjoyed by thousands of visitors last weekend.
The 43rd annual rally of the Hertfordshire Steam Engine Preservation Society (HSEPS) attracted over 300 steam engines, farm tractors, classic cars and other vintage vehicles to the Oaklands College site for the two-day event.
Vehicles from across the country, some more than 100-years-old, were proudly presented by their owners at the event, which was held at the Smallford campus on the edge of St Albans for the first time in the society's history.
As well as seeing the vintage vehicles, visitors also enjoyed miniature locomotive steam rides, a trade fair, an old time fairground, and demonstrations of steam-run equipment such as a rack saw bench at work.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the HSEPS, Andrew Harvey, said he had great fun at the show and added: "It was a total success - even the weather was on our side this year. Both young and old seemed to enjoy the show and it proved to be the perfect family day out.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire