Gallery: Schools enjoy success in tag team event
FOUR local schools took part in the finals of the Saracens Sport Foundation Tag Rugby Programme held at Woollams last week. Mount Pleasant Lane JMI reached the final and finished as county runners up while Wheatfields Junior and Kimpton Primary
FOUR local schools took part in the finals of the Saracens Sport Foundation Tag Rugby Programme held at Woollams last week.
Mount Pleasant Lane JMI reached the final and finished as county runners up while Wheatfields Junior and Kimpton Primary each made the quarter finals. Roundwood Primary, from Harpenden, finished fifth in their group.
The Tag Rugby Programme is run in partnership with the Rugby Football Union, Hertfordshire School Sports Partnerships and Active Luton and the finals day, supported by International Labmate which publishes the leading global trade journals for the laboratory, environment and petrochemical industries, based in St Albans, was hosted by Saracens RFC at Old Albanians RFC on Wednesday, July 2.
The event was the final stage of a County-wide programme which has involved more than half of the primary schools in Hertfordshire.
Around 250 teams of Year Five and Six pupils have taken part. The top teams from each region were invited to the finals won by Laurence Haines School, from Watford.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time