Gallery: Magpies tame Tigers
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division Colney Heath 1 Kingsbury London Tigers 1 RICHARD Howard scored his sixth goal of the season as Colney Heath drew 1-1 with Kingsbury London Tigers on Saturday in the Premier Division.
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
Colney Heath 1 Kingsbury London Tigers 1
RICHARD Howard scored his sixth goal of the season as Colney Heath drew 1-1 with Kingsbury London Tigers on Saturday in the Premier Division.
Management duo Scott Lacey and Wesley Awad handed a full debut to teenager Aaron Clarke after his impressive introduction from the bench against Biggleswade Town in the previous outing. Having beaten the then league leaders Biggleswade, the Magpies were looking to repeat the trick against the new leaders Tigers. The hosts started brightly and got their reward on 14 minutes when midfield powerhouse Neil Jordan won possession and lofted the ball over the defence for Howard to break clear and dink the ball over the goalkeeper for a fine goal.
You may also want to watch:
Tigers responded just two minutes into the second half when Colney Heath were caught cold from a corner kick and at the second attempt Tarik Ellekhlifi forced the ball over the line. Lacey said: "Their bloke got across our guy very well and we cleared it off the line. It was put back in and we cleared it off the line again but the linesman said it was over the line."
Striker Clarke was unlucky to miss a late chance to seal victory for Colney Heath and had the sympathy of his manager. Lacey said: "The ball wouldn't come down for him and he scraped it over the crossbar. It was a little bit unfortunate. Overall we had the better chances and it was a little bit disappointing we didn't win the game.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor