Gallery: Magpies tame Tigers
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division Colney Heath 1 Kingsbury London Tigers 1 RICHARD Howard scored his sixth goal of the season as Colney Heath drew 1-1 with Kingsbury London Tigers on Saturday in the Premier Division.
Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier Division
Colney Heath 1 Kingsbury London Tigers 1
RICHARD Howard scored his sixth goal of the season as Colney Heath drew 1-1 with Kingsbury London Tigers on Saturday in the Premier Division.
Management duo Scott Lacey and Wesley Awad handed a full debut to teenager Aaron Clarke after his impressive introduction from the bench against Biggleswade Town in the previous outing. Having beaten the then league leaders Biggleswade, the Magpies were looking to repeat the trick against the new leaders Tigers. The hosts started brightly and got their reward on 14 minutes when midfield powerhouse Neil Jordan won possession and lofted the ball over the defence for Howard to break clear and dink the ball over the goalkeeper for a fine goal.
You may also want to watch:
Tigers responded just two minutes into the second half when Colney Heath were caught cold from a corner kick and at the second attempt Tarik Ellekhlifi forced the ball over the line. Lacey said: "Their bloke got across our guy very well and we cleared it off the line. It was put back in and we cleared it off the line again but the linesman said it was over the line."
Striker Clarke was unlucky to miss a late chance to seal victory for Colney Heath and had the sympathy of his manager. Lacey said: "The ball wouldn't come down for him and he scraped it over the crossbar. It was a little bit unfortunate. Overall we had the better chances and it was a little bit disappointing we didn't win the game.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 8 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans