Gallery: Enthusiasts flock to Redbourn's annual Steam Rally
VINTAGE vehicle enthusiasts flocked to Redbourn last weekend to enjoy the village s annual Steam Rally. The Steam Owners and Drivers Club of Redbourn put on their 41st Redbourn Rally last weekend, showcasing everything from steam engines to tractors and v
VINTAGE vehicle enthusiasts flocked to Redbourn last weekend to enjoy the village's annual Steam Rally.
The Steam Owners and Drivers Club of Redbourn put on their 41st Redbourn Rally last weekend, showcasing everything from steam engines to tractors and vintage caravans on the Acre Meadow site.
Attractions on both days included a grand parade of steam engines, a heavy horse display and, for the children, a Victorian fairground, a farm animal petting arena and rides on scale model steam engines.
Vice Chairman of the club Paul Norris said that it proved to be a great day out for all the family: "The children went wild for the scale model engine rides and the displays proved very popular with both young and old visitors. Even the weather was marvellous and we're already looking forward to next year's rally."
You may also want to watch:
Paul said that he thinks the weekend may have raised up to �9,000 for the club's adopted charity, the British Polio Fellowship.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans