Gallery: Enthusiasts flock to Redbourn's annual Steam Rally
VINTAGE vehicle enthusiasts flocked to Redbourn last weekend to enjoy the village s annual Steam Rally. The Steam Owners and Drivers Club of Redbourn put on their 41st Redbourn Rally last weekend, showcasing everything from steam engines to tractors and v
VINTAGE vehicle enthusiasts flocked to Redbourn last weekend to enjoy the village's annual Steam Rally.
The Steam Owners and Drivers Club of Redbourn put on their 41st Redbourn Rally last weekend, showcasing everything from steam engines to tractors and vintage caravans on the Acre Meadow site.
Attractions on both days included a grand parade of steam engines, a heavy horse display and, for the children, a Victorian fairground, a farm animal petting arena and rides on scale model steam engines.
Vice Chairman of the club Paul Norris said that it proved to be a great day out for all the family: "The children went wild for the scale model engine rides and the displays proved very popular with both young and old visitors. Even the weather was marvellous and we're already looking forward to next year's rally."
You may also want to watch:
Paul said that he thinks the weekend may have raised up to �9,000 for the club's adopted charity, the British Polio Fellowship.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans