Gallery: Crowds flock to Highfield Park fete
THERE was something for everyone when the Highfield Park fete was held on Saturday afternoon. Crowds of visitors flocked to the park to enjoy a day which was geared around family fun. For the children there was a bouncy castle, fairground rides and a coco
THERE was something for everyone when the Highfield Park fete was held on Saturday afternoon.
Crowds of visitors flocked to the park to enjoy a day which was geared around family fun.
For the children there was a bouncy castle, fairground rides and a coconut shy as well as face painting while for older members of the community, there were craft and food stalls as well as live entertainment.
The Verulam Amateur Radio Club played at the fete with a special event callsign granted by Ofcom.
You may also want to watch:
During the afternoon, the station attempted to contact as many other amateur radio stations as they could in both the UK and throughout the world.
The fete was run by the Highfield Park Trust in conjunction with Charters Health Club and at the end of the afternoon, prizes were drawn in the raffle which included two seats in the directors' box at a Watford FC home match, an iPod Shuffle and a year's free membership to Charters.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Anna Cohen, the park manager, said: "The day was a huge success and we hope everyone enjoyed themselves. As the park is managed by a charity, Highfield Park Trust, all the money raised will go towards managing the park."
She urged anyone with good snaps of the day to email them to admin@ highfieldparktrust.co.uk where they will be put up shortly on the park's website.