Gallery: Blueboys done by Hoddesdon
Division One London Colney 0 Hoddesdon Town 1 LONDON Colney fell to defeat in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One at home to Hoddesdon Town on Saturday. Goalkeeper Anthony Ladyman made three good first half saves for Colney to deny
London Colney 0 Hoddesdon Town 1
LONDON Colney fell to defeat in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One at home to Hoddesdon Town on Saturday.
Goalkeeper Anthony Ladyman made three good first half saves for Colney to deny Hoddesdon attacker Craig Hinton.
Cain Davey released Danny Fitzgerald for Colney and although he was tripped on the edge of the box he stayed on his feet and fired a shot towards goal which was blocked and cleared.
At half time Paul Danslow was taken off and Sam Mitchell came on. The Blueboys then went close twice in the second half through Cain Davey and Greg Shaw.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 7 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 8 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
In the 65th minute, Hoddesdon took the lead when Mark Dawson crossed the ball to the far post and Steve Magona was there to fire home.
Colney almost hit back when Mitchell hit a cracking shot which was superbly saved by goalkeeper Dave Lovell.
After a fine forward run, Danny Butcher set up Colin Wilson who saw his shot well saved as Colney continued to chase an equaliser.
For Hoddesdon Emeka Nwamadi found space and shot at goal only to be denied by a fine save from Anthony Ladyman.
Wilson, Cain Davey and Mitchell all had efforts saved or blocked late on and Colney still await their first win of the season in Division One.
London Colney: Ladyman, Benning, McCafferty, Gorrell, Dickie, Beschizza, C. Davey, Bindley (Butcher), Danslow (Mitchell), Shaw (Wilson), Fitzgerald. Unused sub: Murphy.