Gallery: Blueboys done by Hoddesdon
Division One London Colney 0 Hoddesdon Town 1 LONDON Colney fell to defeat in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One at home to Hoddesdon Town on Saturday. Goalkeeper Anthony Ladyman made three good first half saves for Colney to deny
London Colney 0 Hoddesdon Town 1
LONDON Colney fell to defeat in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One at home to Hoddesdon Town on Saturday.
Goalkeeper Anthony Ladyman made three good first half saves for Colney to deny Hoddesdon attacker Craig Hinton.
You may also want to watch:
Cain Davey released Danny Fitzgerald for Colney and although he was tripped on the edge of the box he stayed on his feet and fired a shot towards goal which was blocked and cleared.
At half time Paul Danslow was taken off and Sam Mitchell came on. The Blueboys then went close twice in the second half through Cain Davey and Greg Shaw.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 3 Shortages crisis hits district
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
In the 65th minute, Hoddesdon took the lead when Mark Dawson crossed the ball to the far post and Steve Magona was there to fire home.
Colney almost hit back when Mitchell hit a cracking shot which was superbly saved by goalkeeper Dave Lovell.
After a fine forward run, Danny Butcher set up Colin Wilson who saw his shot well saved as Colney continued to chase an equaliser.
For Hoddesdon Emeka Nwamadi found space and shot at goal only to be denied by a fine save from Anthony Ladyman.
Wilson, Cain Davey and Mitchell all had efforts saved or blocked late on and Colney still await their first win of the season in Division One.
London Colney: Ladyman, Benning, McCafferty, Gorrell, Dickie, Beschizza, C. Davey, Bindley (Butcher), Danslow (Mitchell), Shaw (Wilson), Fitzgerald. Unused sub: Murphy.