Future use of St Albans BHS store unknown
- Credit: Archant
The British Home Store (BHS) shop in St Albans closed its doors permanently two weeks ago following the recent liquidation of the company.
The shop in St Peters Street had its last day of trading on Sunday (28) along with other remaining BHS stores.
Despite being a major retailer for nearly 90 years, they failed to find a suitable buyer after going into administration in April.
There is currently no indication of what will happen to the empty shop.
Richard Marrett, St Albans City Centre manager, commented: “It is sad to see the closure of BHS, a store that has been in St Albans for many years and of which many of our local residents have fond memories.
You may also want to watch:
“Occupying such a prime position in our city centre, we look forward to seeing which retail outlet will take its place.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash