Fuse box fire in Harpenden

A FUSE box fire saw flats in Harpenden evacuated in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The small fire was the result of an electrical fault in Coleridge Court on Milton Road.

Residents were evacuated at around 1.30am and one elderly lady was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters from Harpenden and Wheathampstead used dry powder extinguishers to put out the fire.

Workers from the gas and electrical companies were also called to make the property safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus