Fuse box fire in Harpenden

PUBLISHED: 10:35 19 December 2011

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

A FUSE box fire saw flats in Harpenden evacuated in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The small fire was the result of an electrical fault in Coleridge Court on Milton Road.

Residents were evacuated at around 1.30am and one elderly lady was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters from Harpenden and Wheathampstead used dry powder extinguishers to put out the fire.

Workers from the gas and electrical companies were also called to make the property safe.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser