Funds needed to fight St Albans rail freight depot
STRIFE, the group set up to fight proposals for a giant rail freight depot in Park Street, is appealing for funds to help their case at public inquiry. Stop The Rail Freight Exchange, to give STRiFE its full title, wants to have barrister Paul Stinchcombe
STRIFE, the group set up to fight proposals for a giant rail freight depot in Park Street, is appealing for funds to help their case at public inquiry.
Stop The Rail Freight Exchange, to give STRiFE its full title, wants to have barrister Paul Stinchcombe and another member of his chambers at the appeal which could be as early as this autumn.
But that will cost approximately �30,000 which is why STRiFE is making a direct appeal for funds, large or small. Said spokesperson Cathy Bolshaw: "We must fight this monstrous proposal once and for all. Please give as generously as possible."
Mr Stinchcombe presented the STRiFE case at the last public inquiry into the scheme for a rail freight depot with five large warehouses and over a thousand car parking spaces on the site of the former Radlett Airfield in Park Street.
St Albans council turned down a second application from Helioslough in July citing 14 reasons for refusing it. A pre-inquiry meeting next month will decide the date of the public inquiry which is currently scheduled for November 24.
Anyone who wishes to contribute can send funds to Strife, PO Box 932, St Albans AL1 9GG (STRiFE is a limited company registered in England number 5961074) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
Alternatively donations can be paid direct to the STRiFE bank account which is named Strife Limited, account number 22031051, sort code 40-40-01, HSBC, 31 Chequer Street, St Albans.