Funds needed to fight St Albans rail freight depot
STRIFE, the group set up to fight proposals for a giant rail freight depot in Park Street, is appealing for funds to help their case at public inquiry. Stop The Rail Freight Exchange, to give STRiFE its full title, wants to have barrister Paul Stinchcombe
STRIFE, the group set up to fight proposals for a giant rail freight depot in Park Street, is appealing for funds to help their case at public inquiry.
Stop The Rail Freight Exchange, to give STRiFE its full title, wants to have barrister Paul Stinchcombe and another member of his chambers at the appeal which could be as early as this autumn.
But that will cost approximately �30,000 which is why STRiFE is making a direct appeal for funds, large or small. Said spokesperson Cathy Bolshaw: "We must fight this monstrous proposal once and for all. Please give as generously as possible."
Mr Stinchcombe presented the STRiFE case at the last public inquiry into the scheme for a rail freight depot with five large warehouses and over a thousand car parking spaces on the site of the former Radlett Airfield in Park Street.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans council turned down a second application from Helioslough in July citing 14 reasons for refusing it. A pre-inquiry meeting next month will decide the date of the public inquiry which is currently scheduled for November 24.
Anyone who wishes to contribute can send funds to Strife, PO Box 932, St Albans AL1 9GG (STRiFE is a limited company registered in England number 5961074) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 8 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
Alternatively donations can be paid direct to the STRiFE bank account which is named Strife Limited, account number 22031051, sort code 40-40-01, HSBC, 31 Chequer Street, St Albans.