Fundraising video created by businesses in St Albans entered in national competition
- Credit: Archant
A spoof music video created by local businesses has been entered into a national competition.
Over the summer, companies in St Albans joined together to recreate a video of Justin Timberlake’s Can’t Stop This Feeling.
Together they raised more than £2,000 for Home-Start - a charity that tries to help families get a better start in life.
The video has now been entered into the Charity Film Awards which focus on celebrating the success of film in fundraising.
In addition, another video in aid of Home-Start and supported by local businesses hasalso been entered.
You may also want to watch:
The video, Mark Making, was created in the summer and shows fun and visible ways children can tell stories and express their feelings.
The awards have two rounds and those who get to the final will be invited to a ceremony in central London.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Vote for your favourite restaurant in Chamber of Commerce poll
Suzy Moody, strategic manager for Home Start, said: “Entering the Charity Film Awards is so exciting; it means that more people get to find out about the work we do and the support our amazing staff and volunteers provide.
“We are asking everyone to please just take two minutes to vote for the Home-Start films and then plaster it all over social media to get others to vote.”
For more information or to vote, visit: http://www.charityfilmawards.com/videos/home-start-hertfordshire-1.