Fundraising gets driving force
WOMEN drivers will come into their own next March at a challenge event to raise money for Grove House. The day hospice is to receive proceeds from a Ladies Driving Challenge to be held on Bovingdon Airfield near Hemel Hempstead on March 14. The Fire Fight
WOMEN drivers will come into their own next March at a challenge event to raise money for Grove House.
The day hospice is to receive proceeds from a Ladies Driving Challenge to be held on Bovingdon Airfield near Hemel Hempstead on March 14.
The Fire Fighters charity will be offering women a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to drive a variety of large and unusual vehicles including fire engines, 4x4s, HGVs, JCBs and possibly tractors.
It is open to all women over the age of 17 with a full driving licence who want to take part in either the morning or afternoon sessions. Registration costs �10 and entrants are asked to raise a minimum of �90 in sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds will be shared between Grove House and the Fire Fighters Charity.
Organiser Laura Harden said: "The Ladies Driving Challenge promises to be an exciting day with the chance to operate a fantastic collection of vehicles often associated with male drivers.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
"Other types of driving event can be uncomfortably competitive with an emphasis on speed and this has been known to put off some women. The women-only challenge is much more relaxed with the focus on handling vehicles with skill and enjoying new experiences as well as raising money for a good cause."
Liz Hizli, fundraiser at Grove House, said: "We are delighted to be involved in this exciting and unusual event."
To take part in the Ladies Driving Challenge, a registration pack can be obtained from Laura on 07798 725560 or email@example.com.