Fun-packed fundraiser to be held in St Albans
A FUNDRAISING event is to take place in St Albans tomorrow evening (Saturday) in memory of a motorbike enthusiast who passed away in 2010.
Mike Page was just 44 when he died following a heart attack. To honour his memory, his good friends decided to rebuild his old Triumph Bonneville motorbike, which had sat in his front room in pieces for longer than some of his friends had known him!
But during Mike’s wake, an even bigger plan was hatched and Team Page was born.
The idea was to take the rebuilt bike to Bonneville Speed Week in August, to race at the Bonneville Salt Flats outside of Wendover, Utah.
Tomorrow’s event, organised by the members of Team Page, will help raise funds for the project.
The event will take place at Broadlakes Lodge Social Club, from 7pm until late. Entry is free and food and drink will also be available until midnight.
Entertainment includes comedian Rick Pistol, a live band, the Elsie Diamond burlesque experience and Bell and Vincent. There will also be a raffle with some great prizes. But the highlight of the event will be the grand unveiling of the team and the bike.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
To date Team Page have covered all funds including bike parts, build time, air-fares for the team and the bike, but need to raise funds to keep the project going.
For more information or to donate visit www.teampage.co.uk or call 07976 442568/07970 813933.