Fun for the whole community in Chiswell Green
PONY rides, a climbing wall and a barbecue are just some of the attractions on offer at a special community day this Sunday (August 9). The event at Greenwood Park in Tippendell Lane, Chiswell Green, has been organised by St Stephen PCSO Kelvin Mack Mac
PONY rides, a climbing wall and a barbecue are just some of the attractions on offer at a special community day this Sunday (August 9).
The event at Greenwood Park in Tippendell Lane, Chiswell Green, has been organised by St Stephen PCSO Kelvin 'Mack' Mackenzie with the aim of rejuvenating community spirit.
Performances entertaining the crowds on the day will include impersonator Elvis Schmelvis, the Blue Velvet line dancers and Kidz Rock.
There will also be numerous activities to enjoy, including an eight metre-tall Mont Blanc climbing wall, while hungry appetites will be fed by the Park Street butchers, who are laying on a barbecue for the day.
You may also want to watch:
Kelvin will be on hand alongside local neighbourhood PCs Vince O'Malley and Nikki Fisher, as well as representatives from Herts Fire and Rescue and the ambulance service.
The police officers will be offering bike, mobile and property marking to the public, and all three types of emergency service vehicles will be on show.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Kelvin said: "It is about bringing everyone together to rejuvenate a sense of community spirit in a fun and friendly environment.
The event kicks off at 11am and runs until 3pm.