Friends reunited after 50 years
FIFTY years of friendship was celebrated when former pupils of a St Albans school came together for a reunion in the city. Fifty-five old boys from St Albans School lunched together at Woollams on Harpenden Road, followed by drinks at The Six Bells pub
FIFTY years of friendship was celebrated when former pupils of a St Albans school came together for a reunion in the city.
Fifty-five "old boys" from St Albans School lunched together at Woollams on Harpenden Road, followed by drinks at The Six Bells pub in St Albans. The next day the party embarked on a tour of their old school before playing a spot of golf to end the holiday on a relaxing note.
Organiser and ex-pupil Mike Hodge, who lives in Harpenden with his wife, said it was an amazing experience. He added: "The years just disappeared as soon as you knew whom you were talking to. We all had an absolutely wonderful time".
Mr Hodge, aged 61, used internet sites such as Facebook and the electoral roll to contact his old school friends and Kate Le Sueur, the school's development officer, also helped organise the reunion.
You may also want to watch:
Guests came from all over the country and some arrived from far-away destinations, such as America, Australia and Hong Kong.
Phil Talbot, senior tutor at the school who showed the party around, said the ex-pupils were fascinated to see how the place had changed. He added, "We're so glad they came because developing ties with old Albanians is something the school's very keen on.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'