Friends mugged in Harpenden hours before concert
FRIENDS who sang in a Harpenden concert last weekend were mugged just hours before the show.
Three teenage males and an 18-year-old female, who all took part in the Harpenden Musicale concert at the local public halls on Saturday, were walking through Rothamsted park at around 2.30pm when they were approached by a male youth.
The offender, aged between 17 and 18-years-old, asked to borrow one of the groups’ mobile phones, but when they all refused, he snatched the boys’ mobiles and ran off in the direction of Rothamsted Research centre.
The mugger, who stole a Sony Ericsson, Samsung and iPhone 4, is described as white with a slim build and around 5ft 11ins tall. He has short brown hair and was wearing a black waterproof hooded jacket and striped black tracksuit bottoms. He was also said to have a pale complexion and wonky front teeth.
Shortly before the man ran off with the phones, an apparent friend - described as black, around 5ft 5ins tall and aged between 14 and 15 - joined him and rand off in the same direction, but was not involved in the mugging.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer DC Wendy Tomlinson is looking to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the crime, and those with information can contact her via the Hertfordshire Constabulary on 0845 3300222.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts