Friends cycling to Marbella for St Albans’ Grove House Hospice
A GROUP of friends from St Albans will be undertaking a challenge they never envisaged undertaking this time last year – a mammoth 1,200 km bike ride from St Albans to Marbella in Spain to raise �10,000 for Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care and Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.
Mark Bunting, Paul Browning, Richard Marchand, Paul Rosenthal, Paul Small and new recruit Sam Skuce will leave St Albans on October 16 and plan to arrive in Marbella in southern Spain eight days later. The route will take them from Portsmouth to Santander in northern Spain, from there the team will ride south through central Spain heading for the foothills of Ronda and then on to Marbella.
“Los Loco Ingleses” otherwise known as “The Mad Englishmen”, are determined to raise �10,000 for their chosen charities.
Paul Rosenthal said: “We are all local lads and most of us have been touched by these charities in one way or another. Grove House has a very special place in the hearts of local people, the care they offer to people in our community whose lives are affected by cancer and life threatening illness is second to none. We know that times are tough financially for many people, but there is still an ever increasing need for Grove House services. We want to encourage people to be as generous as they can in supporting our efforts and supporting the local community.”
You can support the trip and increase the fundraising for these two great causes by visiting www.virginmoneygiving.com/PaulRosenthal
You may also want to watch:
The group is also keen to tie up with local companies to secure some corporate sponsorship. Paul explained: “We are offering fantastic sponsorship opportunities whereby a company logo and strap line can be included on each of our cycling shirts or on our support van. The company will also benefit from added exposure through editorials in this newspaper, the St Albans District Chamber of Commerce, live interviews with local radio stations, and the usual social media networks. Please contact us as soon as possible for further details.”
For further information about corporate sponsorship visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/PaulRosenthal or give Paul a call on 07768 128328.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests