Friendly Fires announce London gig at XOYO
THE AWARD-winning Friendly Fires from St Albans have announced a one-off London show on April 7th.
Following the news that their second album, Pala, would be released on May 16, the band have revealed they will play an intimate show at XOYO in London.
It will be the first preview of their new album for UK fans and their first London headline show since 2009. Tickets went on sale yesterday (March 23) and are available exclusively though the band’s website.
Pala is named after the island in Aldous Huxley’s 1962 novel ‘Island’. It was produced by a mixture of Friendly Fires and Paul Epworth and recorded in a variety of locations that included St Albans.
It is hoped that Pala will build on the success of their debut album which sold over 200,000 copies and picked up a Mercury Prize nomination and two Brit Awards nominations.
Their first single is called ‘Live Those Days Tonight’ and can be heard at their website: www.wearefriendlyfires.com
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school