Friendly Fires announce London gig at XOYO
THE AWARD-winning Friendly Fires from St Albans have announced a one-off London show on April 7th.
Following the news that their second album, Pala, would be released on May 16, the band have revealed they will play an intimate show at XOYO in London.
It will be the first preview of their new album for UK fans and their first London headline show since 2009. Tickets went on sale yesterday (March 23) and are available exclusively though the band’s website.
Pala is named after the island in Aldous Huxley’s 1962 novel ‘Island’. It was produced by a mixture of Friendly Fires and Paul Epworth and recorded in a variety of locations that included St Albans.
It is hoped that Pala will build on the success of their debut album which sold over 200,000 copies and picked up a Mercury Prize nomination and two Brit Awards nominations.
You may also want to watch:
Their first single is called ‘Live Those Days Tonight’ and can be heard at their website: www.wearefriendlyfires.com
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan