Fridge blamed for St Albans garage fire

A FAULTY fridge sent a garage up in flames yesterday evening. Firefighters were called to the incident in Cranbrook Drive, off of Hatfield Road in St Albans, at around 6pm. On arrival, the two crews from St Albans fire station found a fridge/freezer on fi

A FAULTY fridge sent a garage up in flames yesterday evening.

Firefighters were called to the incident in Cranbrook Drive, off of Hatfield Road in St Albans, at around 6pm.

On arrival, the two crews from St Albans fire station found a fridge/freezer on fire and the blaze was spreading to other units in the garage. The adjoining house was also heavily smoke logged but the occupants had already evacuated the property.

Two firefighters wearing breathing equipment entered the garage to douse the flames and the property was ventilated to clear the smoke. The crews left the scene at around 7pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter